Lauren Amerson is an eclectic, self-taught artist, and raw-vegan superfoodist with a background in massage therapy, dance, and yoga. She’s blessed with an abundance of creative energy, a desire to learn, a barefoot non-conformist attitude, Indigo intensity, and a fairy spirit.
My passion lies in helping others reconnect with their authenticity, embrace their unique creative expressions, and experience vitality through healthy eating, harmonious lifestyle and authentic living. I promote an organic raw vegan diet with additions of superfoods and herbs. I feel intensely about animal rights and hold a vision of a human culture that involves sustainable living which respects all life.
I self-published my first book of raw vegan chocolate recipes (with herbs and superfoods!) and I have plans for more books in the future! You can also get some of my individual raw vegan recipes PDFs, including vanilla basil ice cream, zucchini alfredo, cabbage leaf tacos, doughnut holes, superfood chili and more! I maintain two youtube channels: one focused on raw vegan, superfood and herbal recipes, juice cleanse results and other food related thoughts. Watch my recipe videos. My second YouTube channel focuses more on art, alternative healing, creativity, yoga, meditation and more. Watch my video blog.
I also sell women's eco tanks. They have my designs screen printed with natural inks, are super cute and so comfortable to wear. More designs to come! Browse my eco art tanks.
In the food realm, I observe blocks, fear and confusion that keep people from feeling empowered about what they put in their mouths and what they serve their loved ones. I like an experiential approach to well-being involving experimentation, fun and delicious creativity. View my food photos.
Recipe creation is a spontaneous process and frequent occurrence for me. I learned to cook and get creative with food at a young age. Adopting a raw vegan diet has expanded my love for preparing and eating food. I use my creative talent to develop recipes that are delicious and therapeutic. I strongly encourage everyone to play with your food and get messy in your kitchen! Browse my recipes.
Art has been a passion of mine since I was a tiny kid. Overwhelmed by their presence, I began drawing horses as a way to explore their beauty, strength and mystery. Drawing human figure started when I developed a fascination with fairies and clothing design. This led to the endless possibilities for expressing themes and qualities through the goddess archetype. More recently, I have been working with subtle shamanic themes and symbolism in my art and working mostly from intuition. I appreciate the freedom I find in my artwork, which has always been a means of expression and creative outlet. View my artwork.
Crafts have found a place in my life, too! I began making and collecting dream catchers when I was young as a way to deal with nightmares. I now make them as gifts, for personal use and a way to incorporate my love of crystals, feathers and explore shamanism. I taught myself to knit a couple of years ago and it's been hats, hooded scarves, arm and wrist warmers ever since. And then, there is sewing. I need help with sewing.
My Personal Goals
I want to become more self-sufficient and develop skills such as organic gardening, wild foraging, fire-starting and more. I would like to do more bartering/trade type exchanges and skill share. There is always an effort to find balance with work and play, technology and nature. My goals involve leaving the city for a piece of land, near a spring, where I can have a big organic garden, chop my own wood and be in harmony with the cycles and seasons of the planet and it's creatures. I will create my own paradise and I invite you to do the same.
- Born in Gainesville, FL
- Middle Child, Two Sisters
- Year of the Tiger
- Sign of Pisces
- Pets - Two Dogs
- Animal Lover
- Brown Hair
- Blue Eyes
- Animal - Horses
- Fictional Hero - Xena Warrior Princess
- Longevity/Herbal Product - Longevity in a Bottle by Longevity Power
- Mysterious Being - Fairies
- Weather - Hot and Sunny
- Yoga Pose - wheel
- Productivity Model - Getting Things Done
- Spiritual Philosophers - Krishnamurti, Alan Watts
- Progressive Inspirational Book - Ringing Cedars of Russia Series
- Affirmation - I am empowered by everything
- Superfood - Cacao and Maca
- Random talent - can corn-row my own hair
- Movie - Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
- Creativity Authors - Julia Cameron, Steven Pressfield
- Podcast - Why Shamanism Now - Christina Pratt
- Artist - Maria William
- Location - San Francisco, CA
- Food Project - writing a raw chocolate recipe book
- Art Project - getting more of my art screen printed on eco-friendly shirts, hoodies, yoga pants
- Tattoo - young Ganesha
- Piercings - nose ring, 3 holes in each ear
- U.S. Travel Goal - Boulder, CO
- International Travel Goal - New Zealand
- Learning Curve - organic gardening/biodynamic gardening
- Reading - The Alphabet Versus the Goddess by Leonard Shlain
- Other Interests - crystals, shamanism, permaculture, sustainability, food photography, conscious/natural parenting, personal transformation, animal rights, restoring the earth
Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube by clicking the icons in the upper right.